Wednesday, November 7, 2012

An unexpected pause...

I was sitting in the office on Monday when I heard a GUSH on the other side of the house. I thought that I had left the water running in the sink and it overflowed... I came out to GALLONS of water dumping on top of my Cricut!! I yanked that out of the wall so fast. Then yelled at Carver to grab some towels. He stopped where he was and yelled "ACTIONS STATIONS TEAM!!!!" (It's from Bob the Builder). I called Chris and he came home to help. I went through ten bath towels before he got back. The kicker was that it was a nice, sunny day. It had poured the night before though. So when Chris got home, he pulled the rest of the ceiling tiles down and there was STILL more water collected in the plastic holding the moldy insulation up. Yes, I said moldy. So gross!!! We opened the window and he threw it all out into the yard so he could get a better look at what was going on. He found a rusted spot in the roof which he thinks he has fixed. But... I'm too worried to move anything back to where it goes. So everything is a mess and out of place. BUT, my Cricut works!!!! I'm so thankful that it wasn't ruined. 

Here's how it looks right now.
I have a party at my house this weekend (31 Gifts, if anyone wants/needs anything... hint hint!) so I have to do something before then. So, needless to say, I doubt I'll be doing much crafting before next week. I'm going to a scrapbook expo on Saturday so I'll try to post all my goods. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment