Monday, July 1, 2013

Induction Day!

Whelp, I guess I should update on what's been going on. I started having contractions (back labor) on Wed June 26th but they died off in the afternoon. Mom decided to come over so that she wouldn't have to drive in the middle of the night if we went to the hospital. 

This pattern continued on Thursday and Friday. Charlie (moms husband) took the airport shuttle over after work on Friday. I had an appt that morning and was 2cm and 50% effaced and Dr didn't think I'd make it to the appt we set up for Monday. 

Chris went to his grandma's memorial service Saturday afternoon and the rest of us went to the mall to try to get things moving. By this time McKay had shifted and wasn't in my back anymore. After we came home my contractions were 3-4min apart but they weren't very painful. We decided I should probably go into the hospital just in case this was it.  So we called Chris (he was at a family gathering by now) to meet us. 

We got to the hospital and at first they put us in Noah's room. After we asked to be moved they checked me and I was 3cm and 50-60% effaced. So they had me walk for an hour. I hadn't made any progress walking so they sent us home. Talk about disappointing and frustrating. 

Mom and Charlie went home Sunday morning and we had a quiet family day. We all got in the pool and I taught Carver to swim (with me still holding him up). That was the most he's ever gotten into the big pool so that was awesome! I also lost my plug and after telling mom she hopped in the car and came back. Haha

And now we're to today. I made my appt this morning and was still 3cm and 60% but there was a room open at the hospital so we did all the paperwork and walked over. Dr had said this might be possible so we weren't surprised. 

So we're here in the room waiting for the pitocin IV to get things started. We'll leave you with the last belly picture and the humongous gown I get to wear. Can't they make them any smaller?? 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That's quite a journey! I don't know whether to say yippee or it's about time! Praying for a speedy delivery of a healthy little girl after all this... can't wait to hear updates. Love to you!